Great Myths of the Brain introduces readers to the fieldof neuroscience by examining popular myths about the humanbrain.
- Explores commonly-held myths of the brain through the lens ofscientific research, backing up claims with studies and otherevidence from the literature
- Looks at enduring myths such as “Do we only use 10% ofour brain?”, “Pregnant women lose their mind”,“Right-brained people are more creative” and manymore.
- Delves into myths relating to specific brain disorders,including epilepsy, autism, dementia, and others
- Written engagingly and accessibly for students and lay readersalike, providing a unique introduction to the study of thebrain
- Teaches readers how to spot neuro hype and neuro-nonsenseclaims in the media